But first......
Yep, a slab leak. In our fairly new hall bathroom. Notice the toilet is set aside...which leaves us with ONE toilet for SIX people. This happened on Wednesday. It will probably be at least Tuesday before we have it back together again because every layer has a 24-hr drying time.
This leaves me to think I probably have the lowest functioning home in the neighborhood...we have only 1 toilet, no kitchen sink (which also means no dishwasher or disposal), and no stove. Which brings me to my next story....
I mentioned earlier in the summer that Lee gave me the "go-ahead" to remodel our laundry room/kitchen. We are now on day 56 of the remodel, and although it is taking longer than I anticipated, I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are some before shots...
the laundry room (more like a closet; it's not easy to do laundry for a family of 6 without cabinets, counters, or sink!)
The most useless space in our house. I suppose the original builder intended it to be a dining nook, but it is TINY and in an awkward place, so we never ate in there. ("Nobody puts Baby in a corner!")
the kitchen before...so much white!
the laundry room after demo-day...I had my friend Megan take a picture since we were in Alaska.
my temporary pantry/prep area
Off with the counter tops! We aren't doing reconstructive surgery in the kitchen; just a face lift.
The "nook" with all new storage cabinets, including a pantry!
New counter tops and brick back splash. Still to go: new sink, cabinet doors, new paint, knobs, wood flooring.
close-up of counter top tile...ahhhh. so pretty.
The laundry room is about 90% finished. I'm still waiting on doors and paint for the upper cabinets, and a hanging rod that will extend out of the cabinets to the wall. My FAVORITE part of this whole room? My new washer & dryer! I researched for months, and am so happy with my new Samsungs. The capacities are gigantic...I can wash ALL of the sheets in our house in ONE load!!!! Glorious.
Pretty thankful for my laundry room sink, since I haven't had a kitchen sink in over a week!
Now for some kid shots.
Here is Dawson going OCD on his Teddy Grahams. He has recently learned how to count, and loves to line things up and then count them. He can usually get to 8.
The girls just completed their summer gymnastics class. They absolutely love it, so we're gonna let them keep going through the school year. They even already got moved up to the advanced class! (Yes, they will both still be doing soccer.)
Addie lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago, and #2 should fall out any day now!
Brady's favorite thing is Legos...he plays with them all the time. He loves playing with his cousin Joe, who has several Star Wars Lego sets...which is what he has been asking for for his upcoming 4th birthday. (ahem, grandparents and great-aunts!)

No comments:
Post a Comment